Monday, May 16, 2011

Hello, Texas.

Err, howdy, I suppose.

It's here. I've been looking forward to this part of my life for a long while, but now it's here. I have a bachelor's degree. I live in a new state (again). I'm working 40 hours per week. It's a lot.

It's a weird in between-- living in the area (almost) of my future but not in my new home. Of course, I wonder if my new apartment will even feel like home. I guess I'll find out around August 10. This is where I live, but I don't know where anything is. I need a GPS and bing to get anywhere. Luckily, my phone has the capabilities of both. I get two and a half days off per week, but I don't know anyone. I think I'll be doing a lot of reading.

I've made a few commitments; I like to call them new life resolutions. You see, I'm going to be an adult-- I'm convinced. So I've decided to start acting like an adult. This blog will record the results.

I'm going to have pictures to make the posts more exciting. I swear.

Anyway, here are my resolutions. I'm open to suggestions for more.

1. Make my bed every day.
2. Do all dishes and clean kitchen before I go to bed.
3. Visit a non-starbucks coffee shop once every week.
4. Cook dinner for each of my neighbors.
5. Renew my newsweek subscription and get involved in local politics.

Most of these don't really apply until after I move to Ft. Worth. Until then, I'll be here in the in between in Dallas. I'm going to try to keep this thing updated and interesting, but we'll see how it goes. Look forward to theological musings, funny stories from the job, and adventures in adulthood.

Cheers.

Miss these kids so much my heart might explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment